Monday, March 8, 2010

Fun weekend and some updates

We had a fun and busy weekend. It started off with a birthday party Friday night. Eli went to our neighbor Carl's 4th birthday party at the Rainbow Party Room. There was a huge room with padded flooring and a very large play structure. Not sure but I think there were about 20 kids running around having a blast. Eli loved it! He ran and ran and ran all around the room. He climbed up the structure every possible way and went down every slide multiple times. There was pizza and cupcakes (yum) and then more playing. I don't have any pictures of the birthday boy but, of course, I have lots of Eli. As I was running around making sure he didn't get hurt, I got lots of cute shots.
Peek-a-boo
a little rock climbing
down one slide front ways
and another back ways
a little break to act like he was playing a video game
cheese
Eli in the bubble
more climbing

You'd think that after a full day of school that included outside play and Jump Bunch and a full on playing birthday party that Eli would sleep in for us. Well, you'd think wrong. I sure did! Eli was up before 5am - ugh. That has been his new norm and we're trying hard to break him from that. Tim ends up going upstairs and getting in bed with him to keep him there until 6am. Maybe the time change next weekend will help.

Saturday, the boys & I went to the Y and Tim went on a bike ride. It was a great break for us both and nice to get in some exercise. Eli had fun playing outside with his Y friends. That morning, Cole also decided to show us that he is capable of rolling over (witnessed it once) but apparently he doesn't want to show off so he didn't repeat it (and hasn't since). After the Y, we played at home, had lunch and then the boys both took a good nap. We then went on a family trip to Lowe's to scope out what we're going to get for our garden. It's about time to get that set up - hopefully it will go well.

Sunday we started off with a lazy day. Truth be told, we indulge Eli with some 'Word World' on Sunday mornings early so we can chill and quickly flip through the paper. It's the only time we actually look at the paper any more. Eli & I ran to the grocery store and then he & Tim played outside. Sunday afternoon, I snuck away while the boys were sleeping to do a spin class at the Y. I felt guilty not having a child with me and then felt more guilty when Tim told me that Cole woke up shortly after I left. Cole was Mr. Fussy Butt this weekend and gave us such a hard time. He was sent home Friday with a fever but was fine other than that. We decided that his top tooth was trying to come in and that was bothering him - his gums were pretty swollen. Fortunately Eli didn't wake up from his nap until I was on my way home. Once I got home, Eli & Tim went on a bike ride around the neighborhood and Cole & I met them at the lake to feed the ducks. Both boys loved being out there. Cole just watched the birds and was amazed at all the activity. We also got to spend a few minutes with Ryan and his parents. They walked down to the lake as well. Eli & Ryan took off running, multiple times and Tim / Carol / Kevin took off after them. I think the boys are having fun figuring out what their little legs will do. A good dinner and books later, the boys were asleep and we were pooped from the weekend.

Saturday morning, Eli playing with Henry on the trampoline
Daddy the Super Bike Sherpa (Eli's quite a load to haul!)
Mommy and her sweet little boys
Cole and Ms. Carol
Running on the bridge

Now time for some updates:

Me - had a follow up with my orthopedic doctor today. I'm doing great with recovery. He said that he wished all patients did as well as me and that it's normally a 3-6 month recovery time. I'm more on the 3-6 week track. I have most of my flexibility in my left leg back and the right is not far behind. It's still a little swollen but it was the one that was worse off. I talked to him about what I can and can't do and where to go from here. He did remind me that I'm on borrowed time with my knees so to be nice to them. If you haven't seen me, I'm walking around pretty much like normal. Still slow on stairs but that will come.

Cole - he ditched the duck tub and took a big boy bath tonight (pictures below). He's so cute!! And that top tooth, the left one has completely popped through so hopefully he'll be a little happier - but I think the right is not far behind.

Eli - the other day I was playing with him about sounds. I was amazed that he knew the phonetics of most of the alphabet. It turns out that he & Daddy have been working on it at night when they read books. Eli is doing very well with it! He has also gotten two 'Happy Grams' from school lately for being a good participant in circle time and answering all the questions.

Tim - he's getting through each day, trying to find time to exercise (like me). The boys keep us so busy that when they're finally in bed, we just exhale and basically collapse.

sitting in the tub - he really enjoyed it
sweet face

Now Monday is through, it's time to get some sleep and hit the ground running tomorrow. I'm already tired thinking of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment