Sunday, March 14, 2010

Our weekend

Our weekend actually started on Friday. Mr. Cole seems to have a case of Friday-itis. It was the 3rd Friday in a row that he had to miss school. This one was because we thought he might have pink eye. Early doctor's appointment said it could be the start of pink eye or nothing but we started eye drops just in case. He & I had a pretty good day together. He napped just enough for me to get the work I needed to get done done and then we hung out and played.

Saturday started early for me. I got up and went to lift weights at the Y and then Tim brought the boys to meet me and play in Y-care while I took a spin class (yes I was super Mom that morning!). The boys had fun playing and then we went home for snack followed by a quick errand, lunch and naps. I had planned to go do a little shopping (which was a bust, I found nothing!) while the boys napped. It turns out that only one boy napped. Cole wanted nothing to do with it. After Eli woke up, we headed to Logan's Trading Company to get some stuff for our garden. We ended up with 18 bags of soil mixture to fill our boxes that we're building next weekend. It was fun to walk around the garden center, talk with the staff and browse the seeds. I NEVER EVER thought I'd be excited about a garden. My whole life I had to help my parents harvest their garden and I never expected to want my own. My how things change!!

The weekend was also dominated by two things - Cole's eating and Eli's resistance to going to bed. Cole has been fighting spoon feeding for a few days now. It has been hard to get him to eat a full meal. We finally figured out that he just wants to feed himself. And now that we figured that out, he doesn't want to stop eating! He's been eating graham crackers, goldfish, cheerios, beans, pasta, bananas, anything we put on his tray! He has been so happy. After a while of feeding himself, we can get a few spoons in him if he needs it. Now Eli's resistance to going to bed. This one has been tough. Saturday night almost broke me. He cried and screamed for probably an hour and a half. He couldn't tell me why he was so upset. I'm not sure if he was scared or what. He did it again tonight. Once he made it to sleep, he slept pretty well. We also got a sleep / wake clock to help him with when to get out of bed - he has been getting up at 5am. The bunny on the clock goes to sleep and stays lit up all night. Then when it's 6am, bunny wakes up and the section of the clock where he's awake is lit. Eli got all excited Sunday morning when bunny woke up. Let's hope it helps him sleep in a bit.

Sunday was a pretty good day - it was full of happy domesticity. The boys flip-flopped naps so it was a flip floppy kind of day. In the morning Eli & I went to the grocery store and to get a haircut while Cole took his first nap. Then during Eli's nap, Cole & I went to the Y for a quick swim. When we got home, Eli got up and Cole went back to sleep. It was crazy! The good thing is that both boys got their naps. While Cole napped, I did some house chores and TIm & Eli went outside to play in the mud. Eli loved it! He wore his mud boots and stomped around in the back yard. After dinner, we were able to go on a family walk thanks to daylight savings time. Love the extra light!! Oh yeah, I also managed to do some baking. Baking is good for my soul, it makes me so happy. I made a loaf of bread (it turned out perfect!) and Eli & I made cookies. Everyone enjoyed the baked goods.

I'm glad that we got Cole's eating figured out (for now) and hopefully we'll get Eli's sleep figured out soon. Overall our weekend had a lot of family time, a lot of fun and a few tough moments. This upcoming weekend my parents are coming to town so we're looking forward to getting some things done, namely building the boxes for our garden. Not too many things got accomplished this weekend!!

Eli showing off his authentic Canadian pjs - courtesy of Ryan & his family
Baby Cole enjoying a waffle
Eli's green tongue from his lollipop - he thought the green tongue was funny
Loving goldfish crackers
Our pile of soil complete with two little helpers
Spoon fed by a trackhoe bucket - whatever it takes to get it in him!
Yummmm, cookie dough from our Sunday baking
All boy - loves mud

Cute muddy face

1 comment:

  1. yep hes a southern boy. loves mud. lol. maybe i can get him on the four wheeler next time yall come down.

    ReplyDelete