Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Great Day for Mommy


Yes, today was my birthday and it was a wonderful day. The day started with breakfast with my boys - all of us at the table together - and Eli telling me "Happy Birthday Mommy" over and over. Even better, everyone had a good night of sleep! At breakfast, Eli & Cole gave me a very sweet card and a charm for my pandora bracelet (with some help from Daddy of course). After taking Eli to school, Cole & I settled in for relaxing day. Cole got a bath and I even managed to squeeze in a shower myself - ah the joy of being clean! My friend Kara (with Owen and Faye in tow) brought me lunch and we hung out for a while. Lots of phone calls, cards and emails from friends made it a special day. We had our weekly Thursday night pizza night, took a family walk and then I put Eli to bed. It wasn't exciting by some people's standards but it was great because our house seemed to be in perfect harmony and I just enjoyed the day. (ps - the above cookie bouquet came from my team at work - the cookies are incredible.) Pictures from my day....

Eli climbing behind Daddy on the couch - he was pretty funny
Tummy time action for Cole
"Mom, I don't really like this bath thing"
Touchdown sleeping just like Eli used to do

1 comment: