Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our farm weekend

As noted in an earlier post, Eli & I went to my parents house this past weekend to 1) get out of Tim's hair so he could work on the house, 2) to just get out of town and 3) to visit my parents and grandparents. We had a fun weekend and, as always, Eli LOVED the farm and seeing all the animals.

Friday night was a tough drive down for me after working all week - got to the farm around 10:45pm (I'm usually well into my sleep by then!). Since I was by myself and having had trouble with Eli going back to sleep after a drive before, I let him sleep in the big bed with me. That was such a great decision! We had a good night of sleep and it was the most precious thing to wake up looking at him and when he opened his eyes, he let out a big "HEY" and smile. Awwww.

Saturday was a busy day. Eli started his day outside checking on the animals, helping Grandpa give them water, watching Grandpa feed them and then he just had to go inside the chicken coop to see the "bock bock"s. We then went to visit Great Grandma C for a while. The funniest thing is that Eli has learned how to do Ring Around the Rosie. I've been doing it with him, he had my parents doing it with him and the best was when he got my Grandma C, his Great Grandma, to do it with him at her house. Don't kids just bring out the kid in all of us?! After that visit, we grabbed lunch and then went to see Great Grandma & Great Grandpa S. Eli was quite the handfull during all these visits. He wanted to touch everything that could break! So of course, when he got antsy, we went outside to play. It was so great watching him play in my grandparents front yard - where I played many many hours and remember Easter egg hunts and family celebrations. Eli also started playing in the dirt in their driveway, again something I used to do! Then it was back to the farm for a nice long nap - for Mommy too. Dinner was out to Pizza Hut with my parents and brother Billy. Eli loved being out in public and just charming everyone around.

Sunday morning I was worried about the time change but Eli stayed up so late, he slept really well. The day started with checking on the animals again - did I tell you that Eli loves the animals?! He also helped Grandma bring in some eggs from the chickens, he only broke two of them thankfully. We hung out for a bit playing and then Eli & I hit the road. We made a pit stop by IKEA (crazy number of people there! So overwhelming) and then Concord Mills for lunch. Lucky for me that Eli napped almost the entire way home from Concord.

We happily arrived home to see Daddy and all his progress. I think Daddy missed us but also appreciated the time to get stuff done. You'll have to stay tuned for pictures of the finished room!

Helping Grandpa water the animals
Hanging in the chicken coop

BIIIIGGG cheese face - love those overalls!

Great Grandma C

Great Grandma S

Great Grandpa S (isn't he the most handsome man ever? I love my Grandpa)

Stacking oatmeal cans with Grandma & Grandpa

Tractor boy - this wasn't really a ride on tractor!

The egg bounty

Grandma C and Uncle Billy

Starting the ride home - he has learned his feet can go any which way but front

A short time later snuggled with blankie -a nice quiet drive

No comments:

Post a Comment