Friday, October 3, 2008

Week In Review

We've had a pretty good week in our house. Eli has adapted to the Toddler Room at school pretty well. His first week was great and his teachers are wonderful. He spent a lot of time outside, had art time, sang songs, danced, learned more sign language, practiced drinking with his open cup, and, amazingly has learned to sit for 40 minutes for circle time. I could not believe when they told me that. He's a very good sleeper at nap time and he has also done better for us sleeping at night. Of course, with all this activity, we've gotten several "incident reports" where he's been playing and bumped his head. He soooo thinks he's older than 13 months!

Tim & I have been the same. Work, play Mom & Dad after work, do chores, go to bed, wake up, repeat. But we're happy and healthy. I think we've finally beat the icky bug in the house and we're finding harmony again...thankfully.

I've been trying to tap into my creativity again and have been working on some scrapbooking ideas. I follow a few blogs and one of them had a project this week to take photos / document a week in your life. Well I haven't really done that but it has gotten me to pay attention to the little everyday things. And you know what I've learned most....I'm in love. I'm in love with my life. I love my husband, my son, my family, my dog, our house, my job, my friends, me......I'm just in love. I get stressed a lot because of work and lose focus, forgetting all the wonderful things I have and how lucky I am. One day I do hope to complete the "week in life" project but for now, I'm just being more aware of the good stuff. And there's a lot of it when you pay attention!!

Some pictures I love from this week....

Eli practicing sitting on his potty

Running of the starfish through the house

Eli brushing his teeth this morning - he likes to imitate us

No comments:

Post a Comment