Monday, October 27, 2008

Hanging with Grandma & Grandpa / Panthers game

This weekend we went down to the farm to see Grandma & Grandpa C. The main reason was that I was hosting my company's suite for a group for the game. We went down Saturday afternoon and Eli was able to walk around the farm and help Grandpa gather eggs. He was so cute just roaming around and watching everything. A full afternoon of playing and we had a great dinner. Lots of good Southern comfort food especially one of my favorites - my mom's country style steak! Eli did really well driving down and also sleeping that night. He was up Sunday morning before the roosters (literally!) and I was surprised that it was 6am. I could have sworn that it was 4:30 or something. We had family breakfast and then Grandma took Eli with her to church and we were off to the Panthers game. I'm told that Eli was a good little boy for church and also at lunch with the extended family. They had lots of fun playing and exploring the farm and Grandma even enjoyed a nap with Eli.

Now for us, we had a great time at the Panthers game and were very happy that they won. My company built the stadium and we have a suite there. I was fortunate enough to reserve it for the game and entertain clients. So much fun!!! Tim even said that he would be the world's #1 football fan if we could always watch games that way. The group we hosted was a lot of fun and it was an enjoyable afternoon. A fun time there combined with Eli being good made for a wonderful Sunday.

We drove back last night at Eli's bed time and that worked so well. We didn't have to stop really at all and cut 30 minutes off our drive. I think that will be our approach for a few upcoming trips. Got home kinda late but survived the day at work. All I want to do right now is lay on the couch and sleep but I've got work to do. It just never ends does it?!
Now the pictures...
Gathering eggs - oh no, don't drop it Eli!!

I just love this picture - walking with Grandma & Grandpa


Not a great picture but us at the game

Woo hoo - a new football!

This was actually tonight. Eli in his doggie camo coat. Got to stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment