Thursday, September 4, 2008

Poop, Poopie, Pooped

Poop: What a lot of our conversations are about right now
Poopie: In Eli's diaper......a lot
Pooped: Mom & Dad

We're dealing with a tummy bug going around right now. Eli had a fever of 101.4 Sunday afternoon and wasn't feeling so great. He started having some poop issues that night. Monday was a holiday and we dealt with it all at home. Tuesday, didn't seem to have a fever so he went to school - had a low grade fever all day and a rough day at school. Bad diaper rash and continuing poop issues, Tim kept Eli home yesterday and took him to the doctor. Apparently, this is just going around (I've heard this from a lot of my friends too) and it has to work itself out. Today tried school and got the call at 9:30 that he had to come home. Tim picked him up and did Super Daddy day #2. Tomorrow I'll stay home with him and hopefully by Monday he'll be back to normal and can go to school. Aside from the poop saga, life has been a little crazy getting back to work after a week off - including an unexpected visit from my new boss. He showed up on Tuesday and was here until today. Not a bad visit at all, just unexpected and I didn't get as much accomplished as I wanted this week. Now having to stay home tomorrow will put me a little further behind. Fortunately my new boss and old boss know that Eli comes first and they're understanding / supportive that I have to do what I have to do.

We have managed to have a little fun and I wanted to post a few pictures. Did an urban hike to the lake Sunday before everything hit and fed the ducks. Eli has been feeling good and acting normal so it's been good that he hasn't been cranky.

We're supposed to go to the farm this weekend to celebrate Eli's birthday with my family. Hopefully the hurricane won't hit us hard and the drive won't be too bad. Looking forward to seeing our extended family and having another yummy celebration. Hope everyone else is healthy & happy!


Ready for our urban hike

Feeding ducks with Daddy

Picture wall - a staycation project

Cutie pie tonight before bath

No comments:

Post a Comment