Sunday, February 5, 2017

Week Five: 1/30-2/5

Some fun and some not-so-fun stuff this week. Fun included lots of swimming, dinner with a dear friend, Cole's author celebration, a birthday party and playing with friends. Not-so-fun included my Dad being admitted to the hospital courtesy an ambulance ride. Thankfully he is improving and will hopefully be on the mend soon. 
 Big salad - one of my jars in action. I had one of these every day this week. Yummy!!
We had to get a new printer. Ours just wouldn't accept ink any more which was a huge bummer since I'd just bought AND opened a new multipack of ink cartridges. The cool thing about our new one is that we can print directly from our phones now. Yay technology! 
 Cole wanted to draw on the kitchen window so I let him. He is so funny with his battle scenes. 
 Tuesday night Eli's swim practice - pep talk with Short Course Qualifier coming up soon. 
Wednesday night I had dinner with my friend Amanda. She & I used to work together and were pregnant at the same time in 2007. I have not seen her is close to 9 years but we picked up like we'd been together the day before. So happy I was able to see her while she was in town on business. 
Thursday I went to swim and saw these ladies playing basketball in the gym at the Y. I texted to my friend (and old teammate) Joheliah that this is our future - Sr. Ladies Basketball pickup.  he he he
 Thursday night - Cole's swim practice. Coach Cara at the helm. 
Eli's practice was after and this crew was just hanging out.....trying to flip a matchbox car. I kid you not. They will flip anything that isn't tied down! 
After practice, Cole wanted to make cookies. He's quite into baking and cooking these days and we watch a Food Network together. I made him read all the instructions to me and supervise me making cookies. Soon he'll be doing it on his own! 
Friday morning, I got to go into Cole's class for his "Author Celebration". They have been working on their own non-fiction books, writing about something they are an "expert" at. Similar to Eli's wax museum, we talked to each author and they read an excerpt of their writing to us. 
 My favorite author. 
 Cole wrote a book about Snakes. Yep, apparently he's an expert on snakes. 
 I love his illustrations. He did really well with his book even including some jokes on the pages aside from the main text. All of the students work hard on their books. There were experts on Pokemon, Soccer, Elephants and Hockey, to name a few. It was fun to see their perspectives on their subject. 
When I looked at Cole's Friday folder, I saw lots of other "books" that he had written. He wrote one about swimming and it was awesome. It is definitely a keeper and I've shared it with his swim coach. The cutest thing on this page is that he says "The most important thing you need is a coach". Throughout the book were tidbits that his coaches tell them so it was cute to see how he interpreted things and what he wrote. 
 Another cold early Saturday morning swim practice. 
 Eli was up first. 
 Then Cole....just a normal Saturday. 
Saturday afternoon, I moved some stuff around in the Den to get ready to paint. Going more neutral throughout the entire house. It was time for a spruce up anyway. 
It's a good thing Cole is a snake expert. He & Eli found this snake in the backyard and ran to find Tim. They relocated him to under the shed. Good snakes get to live. 
Saturday afternoon, the boys went to a trampoline park to celebrate their friend Dawson's 10th birthday. Such a crazy bunch of boys! 
Singing happy birthday, boy style. 
Cole loves to play the video games, especially shooting ones. Here he was a transformer. 

Driving and shooting as Batman. 
Not sure what Eli was shooting at but that glowstick headband......so hip. 
Super strong Cole. 
Sunday morning. I took this to remember Cole and Doodle Jim's bond. Cole loves his bear. He sleeps with him, snuggles with him and will hang out around the house. I love it! 
Sunday afternoon playing at Brady's house. I got to hang out with Brady's mom. Cole got to play with his friend. Win Win! 

No comments:

Post a Comment