Sunday, January 17, 2016

Week Two: 1/11-1/17

Lots of stuff happening this week. I got my Certificate of Occupancy at work on Monday to start the week and found out I have mono on Sunday afternoon to end the week. What a week. Let's fill in the gaps. 

Monday, as I mentioned, I achieved the final Certificate of Occupancy on a project that I took over after some folks left the company. It has been a tough long 6 months to get all five COs but I finally did it. 

On Tuesday, I had lunch with Cole at school and on Wednesday, I had lunch with Eli. It's always interesting to have lunch with the boys and see what conversations emerge. 

 1st grade lunch with Cole
 3rd grade lunch with Eli, photobomb courtesy of Hunter
 There is a weekly job rotation; this week Eli had to sweep the floor under their table after lunch. 

Wednesday night, Cole had us laughing. He challenged Tim (or maybe it was Eli, I don't remember) to a "Fight to the Cry". Yep. So funny. I also got a haircut and Cole was so sweet telling me that I had a "pretty haircut". So he's a fighter and a lover. 
 Eli is obsessed with Rubiks cubes these days. 
 Wednesday night tv problems. Uh-oh. 

Thursday was a crazy day of a crazy health week. I woke up with a huge lump under my throat - like golf ball huge that scared me. It just came up overnight so I made a doctor appointment. They ran a bunch of tests and did bloodwork and asked me if I've ever had mono. Mono?! So prescriptions in hand (and in my system), I spent Friday afternoon and evening on the couch while Eli went to swim and Cole went to Brady's for pizza and hangout time with Brady & Peyton. With some rest, I semi felt human again on Saturday. 
 Big blue pills
 Found this in Cole's Friday folder from school. I love that he writes about God in his school work. 
 Such a silly happy - bought a new toaster when I went to Target to get my prescription filled. Long overdue! 
 Friday night videos and hangout - Brady, Peyton, Cole. 
 A big treat to play video games
 Three little stooges
 Cole and his girl. Too cute!

Saturday morning Eli had swim practice so after, I took both boys to get donuts. They loved getting the fun football ones. We tried Daylight Donuts because Cole's buddy Luke likes to go there. We spent a lazy day at home and Eli went to his buddy Zack's house for a bit. 


 Saturday night- my "lap kids"

Sunday morning, I helped in Cole's class at church. The kids were all distracted because during church it started SNOWING! So much fun for a kid - maybe not so much for adults. We hung out at the house and watched the Panthers game. The boys love to have food and snacks for the games now. They will love tailgating one day. =) I also got a call from my Doctor's office with results of my tests - I have mono, HSV1 and my Vitamin D is seriously low. The only thing I can do for mono is rest and hydrate; they gave me a prescription for HSV1 for cold sore and another prescription for Vitamin D that I'm supposed to take weekly. It's 50,000 units - guess I AM low! I'm not quite sure how this "rest" thing is going to go but it's good to have an answer for why I've been feeling awful since November 1st of last year. 

 Everyone at the windows looking at snow
 After church

 I think we're all born with the desire to catch snowflakes on our tongue. 
 Football feast
Daddy being silly

No comments:

Post a Comment