Thursday, November 20, 2014

2nd Grade Field Trip: Greensboro Science Center

Today Eli's 2nd grade class went to the Greensboro Science Center. I took off work to go with them and it was such fun. I was a little nervous going there because parents has to drive separately and I offered to take two other moms (that I didn't know well) with me. It turned out great and we had such an awesome time talking and getting to know each other. It's much harder to connect with other Moms when you work full time so this was great. 

Eli was also excited to ride the charter bus. I think it was his first time riding a bus like that. 
The only morning picture I took and he had his eyes closed. But you can see the cool bus!
Eli and his best buddy Zackery. These two are the cutest together. They "randomly" got put into a group together. It pays to be the teacher's favorite sometimes. =) 


We got to go to a really cool "Matter" show and learn about the different states of matter. The kids were quite impressive with their knowledge and questions. 





My group. They were all very well behaved. 
Picnic lunch time (and I might as well fess up that I LOVE LOVE LOVE this puffy REI vest that I got with a gift card from my neighbor. I wear it all the time.)

Lots of fun pictures with these two. Zackery will probably become more like family every year. 
With their classmate Daniel. 
There was a cool aquarium and a zoo there too! 
I love a penguin. 


Touch tank. 

Hurricane tunnel. The boys wouldn't go in there but it was funny to watch the girls. 

Stegosauruses (is that right?) are really cool. 
This T-Rex was neat because he made sounds and scared folks as they walked by. 

Hilarious - scared by the T Rex. 


I don't think I've ever seen tigers in a zoo before. 

Big beautiful creatures. 
Lazy red wolf. 

I taught the kids how to tell the age of a tree and they were trying to count the rings. I love how they just eat up knowledge. 

Can I have a kangaroo? 

Llama Llama.....red pajama. 


The animals in the petting zoo area were great. Not sure how happy this goat was for his brush out. 




Armadillo!!

Not-a-real armadillo.....just in case you needed clarification. 



King of the world!
BIG gigantic turtles. 



My silly crew. I loved spending the day with them. 

Best buds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment