Sunday, June 15, 2014

Week Twenty Four: 6/9-6/15

Week 24 brought us the LAST week of school for Eli and other fun stuff. This weekly recap constantly reminds me how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family. It also makes me smile to remember the little things that may have slipped my mind until I go back through the pictures. It's exactly why I've been blogging for almost seven years! I love pictures and preserving memories. One day the boys will look back on all of this and enjoy the stories of daily life. 

This is my chocolate chip cookie helper. Cole asks to "help" make cookies but that really means that he just wants to eat the chocolate chips, the cookie dough when it's made and at least one cookie if I let him. But hey, Eli's the same way and I can't say I blame them!! 
I've been doing P90x3 and on Tuesday night I had two little companions for my workout. At times they were critical (telling me I wasn't doing it like they were on tv) but by the time it was over, they were more supportive. Had to remind them that you have to encourage. =) Mommy's trying!!
Thursday was Eli's last day. The school year was extended a bit due to the extra weather days we had. I left a note in his lunch box. So proud of him. He has had a great year!
Last day of 1st grade!!!
He is currently all about Pokemon. Notice the Pokemon circles. He has also been practicing writing his name in cursive. I think he's doing pretty well! 



Cole was excited on Friday to give Tim his Father's Day present. No waiting until Sunday!
A painting by Cole!!
It is the most awesome thing. He painted our family on the beach. This quickly found its place on our picture wall. I love how happy we all are. =) 
Meet Puffin and his pal. Puffin has been coming to our front porch for years. Just recently he started brining a "pal". Maybe it's his lady friend and they're keeping each other warm. Whatever the case, they weren't too happy when I disturbed them with my flash!
Baby birds!! We were able to witness the craziest thing in our garage. We had noticed a bird finding its way into the garage quite a bit. We thought she was building a nest but couldn't find it. Turns out she built it in the plastic bin organizer that Tim has screws/nuts/bolts in. One of the bins was out and she built her nest there, laid eggs and baby birds hatched. We don't have the heart to move them so we're hoping she will keep feeding them and raise them enough to get out of the garage. We've heard quite a bit of peeping from these little birdies, hungry for Momma to bring food. 
 Saturday ride with my friend Jenny - followed by a swim in Falls Lake. Hard core! 
Saturday Cole went to Luke's house for his birthday party celebration. He was all about me dropping him off "like a big boy". To this day, I haven't even done that with Eli!! Cole had so much fun - can not believe these little dudes are 5!!
Father's Day - the boys were excited to give their cards to Daddy and we gave him a picture of his present. A month ago I ordered him a bike rack for his truck that he has been wanting. I got an email that it was at REI on Friday but it was at REI in Pennsylvania on Friday. Hopefully it will make its way here by middle of the week. Tim was pretty shocked but very happy for his gift. We tried to let Daddy do what he wanted and enjoy his special day. THANK YOU DADDY for all you do. You're the best and we love you infinity!! 
 Father's Day photo booth fun at church. 


No comments:

Post a Comment