Friday, June 20, 2014

PA Vacay - Day 1, 6/20

It's VACATION TIME!!!

Today we left on our big camping trip - 9 days in Pennsylvania. This trip originally started as a "meet in the middle" vacation with our friends who live in Vermont but they were unable to come and the boys were already set that we were going to Hershey so we planned a fun week of our own. We were also excited that Grandma & Grandpa C wanted to come and met us up here. My goal was to be on the road by 9am. Cole's teacher Ms. Denise thought I was crazy and that Cole couldn't possibly be ready to go and in the truck by that time but HE WAS!! Both he & Eli were excited to get on the road. They were in the truck at 8:56am but we actually pulled out about 9:30am - had to get bikes on the truck and do safety checks. I had Google Map'd the route and it said 6-1/2 hours but I thought with potty stops and pulling the camper, we could add 1/2 hour to an hour to that. I did not add hours for the Friday afternoon drive through Washington, DC. OH MY!! The traffic was awful. We finally made it to our campsite, NINE hours after we left. The boys did great during the drive and we were so happy to get to our site and see Grandma and Grandpa. Today was just drive, get here and get set up. I've got activities planned for our week here. We'll see what we get into tomorrow!!
Ready to go! I had made them each a travel bag and put new sticker books, markers and activity books inside. Genius move on my part if I do say so myself! The sticker books kept them occupied for an hour!! 
Thank goodness we bought a bigger truck. Tim was very happy with how it towed and was in heaven driving. 
This is how we roll!! 
Our campsite - #304. 
Hanging with Grandma & Grandpa while Tim & I got everything set up. 
Fixing a new puzzle - thank you 'Dollar Tree' for surprise camp activities!
Throwing football with Grandpa. 
Thankfully our neighbors didn't show up so we had the extra grass space. 
Home Sweet Home

No comments:

Post a Comment