Sunday, August 18, 2013

Mommy's Triathlon - Rex Wellness

This morning I participated in the Rex Wellness triathlon. I haven't had much time to train but I was thrilled to participate in this event and be part of helping two of my girlfriends make their triathlon dreams become reality. It was so much fun to encourage them in their training and be part of the race with them. 
Great rack position at end of the rack but ended up on the last rack again! I was at the run out so had to run all the way through the transition with my bike shoes on. Oh well!
My friend Sherry - a tri newbie!!
When I got off the bike, Tim and the boys were at the transition cheering for me. I had to run over and get some kisses from my boys! I love having them there and them seeing their Mom be active. 
My finish line cheering squad. =) 
Best supporter ever! Tim has supported me in every crazy endeavor since we met. "Racing" or rather, participating is a lot harder these days with our crazy busy life!

The race went pretty much as I expected. I had an awesome swim that was faster than I've swam in training. A bike that was like I expected. And a run that was as horribly slow as I expected. All in all though, it was fun to do and put another one on the "done" list. 

Race details: 250 yd swim / 10 mile bike / 3.1 mile run
My times:
Swim - 5:52 (including run to the transition, my actual swim was 5:07!!)
T1 - 1:20
Bike - 41:11
T2 - 1:26
Run - 40:18
Total: 1:30:08.990

I was hoping for under 1:30 but I'll take it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment