Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Happy 6th Birthday Eli!!!

Oh what an awesomely fun day!! We enjoyed celebrating Eli's 6th birthday! The plan was for him to take the day off and spend with Daddy. No fair that Cole always gets his birthday out of school so we decided to give Eli a day off of camp to spend one on one time with Daddy. And I think he loved every minute of it! 

First, of course, I made him a birthday banner and chose a basketball one to reuse for his party this weekend. 

Lots of birthday goodies await our 6 year old!
I always find that I have to take a picture of the boys on their last night of whatever age - this was Eli's last night being 5! And he looks so big!!
Eli was thrilled to see presents and his balloon but even more excited to go to Dunkin' Donuts for birthday breakfast!
Happy Little Munchkin!
The non-birthday brother is always happy too because that means he gets donuts for breakfast. =) 
Birthday Boy's choices
Present time - Eli got new tires for his bike
and a new polka dot (climber's) jersey and baggy shorts from us.
And a super awesome jersey from Aunt Cary and star bike shorts.
Riding with the Big Dawgs

So after we enjoyed a fun morning, Cole went to school and I went to work while Tim and Eli had a fun day. I will say that my most favorite part of the morning was when Eli walked out of the dining room into the kitchen and noticed his birthday banner. He stopped, gasped and said "Oh Mom. Thank you for my banner!". It was so precious and makes this Mommy's heart very happy. 

Ready for birthday bike ride with Daddy

Tonight, as was Birthday Boy's choice, we went to Moe's for dinner. We didn't realize it was Kid's Night but that worked out great! Both boys ate free and there was a balloon artist. Free food and cheap entertainment! 

My crazy boys
Eli had a million and one questions for the balloon lady
Burrito time! Eli actually ate my burrito and I ate his kid's one. Growing boy!
We saw one of Eli's friends from school at Moe's. Here they show off their balloon bow and arrows. Cole got one too. 
After dinner, it was Sunset Slush to round out an awesome birthday! Happy 6th Birthday Eli - we love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment