Saturday, June 22, 2013

a Very Hungry Caterpillar baby shower


Today was such a fun day co-hosting a baby shower for my sister-in-law Niki. She and my brother Billy are expecting a baby boy (Connor!!) in August. I have never hosted a baby shower before so it was super fun. My Mom and my other sister-in-law Erin joined forces to create a great Very Hungry Caterpillar baby shower. The invitation is shown above - obvious details obscured. Love love love it. Thankfully Niki loved it too. (and thank you Etsy!)

The shower was such a fun celebration of Baby and Mommy-to-be. We had fun seeing family and friends that we haven't seen in ages. And of course, that combined with presents and food made it a wonderful time! We're very excited to welcome Connor into our crazy family - he will be my Mom's 5th grandson!! We've got our own little basketball team. =) I'm looking forward to all the future family cookouts and gatherings with all the littles running around. Of course, now Eli & Cole look like monsters compared to the babies! They will help teach them lots of good (and I'm sure bad) things. 

Congrats Billy & Niki - we can't wait to meet Connor! Sleep while you can.......=)

Could not resist!!
These bushes smell like heaven and transport me back to being a 5 year old little girl. 
They are marvelously fragrant camelia bushes at my Grandmother's house. They have been there since I was a little girl and today, as soon as I got out of my truck, their fragrance rushed to me. Love it. Love the memories. 
My little home town is not so little any more!!
M&M caterpillars to take home
Hard copy of 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' for friends and family to sign for Baby Connor.
Table centerpiece - thanks to Tim for helping me get these finished at the last minute.
Very Hungry Caterpillar cupcake "cake"
"On Saturday he ate one cupcake"
Mom, Erin, Kaleb and Keegan
The food table had a variety of foods from the book. I loved it!
My Grandma C (K's great grandma)
Mommy-to-be Niki
Baby showers are so much fun!!
This onesie cracked me up
Such cute clothes
Silly boys - they took naps in shifts, like one has to watch out for the other. 
Burp cloths I made for them, along with some camo "month" sticker ties for pictures.
Oh the cuteness! (him not me!)
Big box from me, Mom and Erin - I loved the quilled caterpillar card Erin made. I just love her - she's crafty and party oriented just like me!!
Guess I can't call him my "little" brother any more - Billy and Niki - parents to be!!
Mom and Erin on the swings with the boys
Happy boy!
My Grandma C
Me, Niki, Erin
Mom, Me, Niki, Erin

2 comments:

  1. Love these ideas! Thanks so much!!! Quick question: how did you make the M&M favors? Did you use the pretzel stick clear bags? How did they stay straight?
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I used these bags - http://www.gtbag.com/polyproliptape.html. The ones used were 1x8 - 1.6mil. By placing the m&ms "flat", it filled the space and kept them straight. But be ready, it takes longer than you expect to fill them. =) I'm not sure if pretzel stick bags would do it. The ones I used had their own glue strip so I just sealed them when full. M&M favors can be used for lots of parties. Good luck!!

      Delete