Monday, February 11, 2013

Operation Mommy 70.3

So for those who don't yet know, Tim & I are signed up to do Ironman 70.3 Raleigh on June 2nd. I've called my training program Operation Mommy 70.3. It will be my longest event since having the boys and it's going to be tough!! I have been looking back at my 2005 Half Ironman times and thinking how I might be able to finish this time. I'd like to think I can do as good or better but whew, it's going to be tough. My training plan is mapped out on a calendar (pictures below) and my plan is to do as much as I can close to the program. It's a fairly simple program that calls for 9 workouts (3 of each discipline) in 6 days with 1 day off a week but man, oh man, where will the time come from? I think it will be more realistic for me to 2 workouts of each discipline for 6 a week but I'll do my best! If you notice, the 16 week program started yesterday and I got a big ole' check mark for today's "Rest Day". Yep, one workout in the bag!! Wish me (and Tim!) luck!







No comments:

Post a Comment