Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Treat (in the rain!)

Rain can't deter my little Angry Birds from trick or treating!

I was super bummed this afternoon when it started raining at work. When we got home, the boys & I practiced trick or treating to make sure they knew what to do. They would say "ding dong" and I would give them candy for their buckets. So cute! I hoped that once Cole realized that costume = candy that he would love his costume. And thankfully I was right!

We hung on until about 6:30pm before taking the boys out to trick or treat at a few houses. We ended up at about 8 or 10 and they got a lot of laughs and lot of candy. Guess when demand is low, supply is very high! Both boys had a blast in their costumes and in the rain. It was great seeing everyone's reactions to them. We got lots of laughs and smiles from the houses we visited. There are a few things I would have done differently about their costumes but they loved them and had fun and that is all that matters!

Hanging with Daddy watching Spookly the Square Pumpkin before going out.
Mommy's Little "cheese" Monster
Right before we went trick or treating. Cole wasn't happy at first but that changed quickly.
Our first stop (as always)......Ms. Amy's house!
Notice Cole was MUCH better already!
Ms. Breda's house - see their smiling faces. We were a funny bunch!
Daddy and his Angry Birds.
Fun in the rain
Mommy's Little Angry Birds
The haul - my oh my. I've tried to interest them in the Candy Fairy (to switch for a toy) but they're not too interested just yet. Maybe in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment