Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend recap - 7/30, 7/31

Lots of posts coming - I'm trying to catch up because, I am not kidding when I say that I have been working A LOT. We're still having fun and doing lots as a family, I just haven't had time to blog about it. Hoping to fix that now. =)

This weekend, we stuck close to home. I took the boys to the Y Saturday morning - I took my first Zumba class ever and then we went to the pool to play. I've got to tell you that I was sooooooo nervous before Zumba. I thought my stomach was going to forsake me before class. But once I walked in and saw that a) I wasn't the heaviest person in the class, b) it was obvious that I wasn't the most uncoordinated person in class and c) the instructor turned the lights down, I was ready to go. I channeled my inner "Paula Abdul backup dancer" and let it go. Such a great workout, I had no clue! Definitely adding it to my exercise plan. So after class, the boys & I hung out at the pool for a long time. They had a blast and were worn out. That equals good naps!!

We also finished up watching the Tour de France this weekend. We were quite happy with the outcome and loved watching Cadel Evans take the yellow jersey in the time trial Saturday, wearing it into Paris. Eli really enjoyed watching bike racing with us this year and has learned quite a few of the riders. You'll see below that we added our own "Cadel" to the family.

We did lots of hanging out at home, some baking, lots of playing - it was a great weekend!

I let the boys ride in the front seat together through the parking lot.
Even in the pool, Monster trucks mean fun!
Rest and snack time. Can't go anywhere without snacks!
Cole and Monkey Jim had a great nap after the pool.
Cole's new trick - modeling in our dining room window.
And of course, Eli had to try it too.
This is a funny series of shots. The boys were in the living room playing. Cole sitting on Eli turned into.....
Eli grabbing him
and flipping him onto the floor for a wrestling match. It was so funny and they just laughed and laughed. And yes, the green underwear with red sneakers is funny too!
Then Eli decided to try out his muscles and picked Cole up - he really did!
Here is our Cadel (not to be confused with this Cadel). Eli loves Angry Birds.
I had painted some picture frames on the back porch using small cups to hold them up. Eli found the bag and lined them up.
Then he ran through them.
The aftermath - but it was so fun!
Hey Mommy! The view from Mom's "climb up" window.
Baking time Sunday morning - chocolate chip cookies.
This mean "cheese" face cracks me up.
Tim took Cole to get a hair cut and Eli, amazingly, had some quiet play time.
And even under his watch, we had a massive crash. Oh no!

No comments:

Post a Comment