Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A quick update

Quick update before I jet across country. =)

Friday afternoon after I picked Eli up from school, we headed to Target to get his play-doh toy that he had earned by having no accidents all week. He picked out the classic play-doh extruder and had so much fun smushing out fun shapes.

Saturday was a busy day with two play dates for Eli. First we went to Evan's house where Eli had his first drop-off play date. Cole & I ran an errand while he was there so he was alone for about an hour and apparently he did really well. He actually kept telling me he wanted me to leave again so he could keep playing. After lunch and naps, Eli's friend Gray came over to play and once again, play-doh took center stage! Originally I had planned to camp out in the playroom with Eli Saturday night but he didn't want to so it was night night in our warm snuggly beds.

Sunday morning Tim & I celebrated a successful night with the time change.....or so we thought. We did an early morning family grocery store trip and then Cole fell apart - he had to have an early nap. Then when he got up, it was almost time for Eli to nap. So during Eli's nap, Cole & I ran to BJ's and then, of course, he needed another nap to get through the day. Both boys were kind of out of sorts but we survived.

We had a good family weekend. I had to soak up as much of my sweet boys as I could because I'm hopping on a plane to California tomorrow morning. I'll be gone for a week......alone. I'm not sure how I'll handle it. I will definitely miss my boys and hopefully they'll all miss me.

So much fun with his new play-doh toy.
We made a forest complete with big gingerbread men and reindeer.
We got a personal sized watermelon out of our garden this weekend. Such a fun surprise!
Cole had fun chasing Eli around with the dump truck.
C-H-E-E-S-E. Cole is quite the good "cheese"r now.
Sunday night snuggles and books.

No comments:

Post a Comment