Sunday, August 1, 2010

Staying busy


Oh my goodness, I have no idea how we filled all our time before we had kids! I think about how busy we are now and imagine we had a ton of free time that we must have wasted. Who knows?

This past week was just a regular week. Wake up, work / school, dinner, bath, sleep, repeat. On Tuesday, I got a call from school that they thought Cole had ringworm so I picked him up early and took him to the doctor. No ringworm and we got a note that said he could go back to school the next day. Then Wednesday morning, while I was watching him, Cole was walking around in our bedroom and fell on the nightstand, cutting his eyelid. You can see the damage in this picture.

Poor little fella - I felt so bad.
So here's Mr. Big Boy - he makes me laugh sometimes just being a boy.

Friday, I went to see my friend Kelly and meet her Baby Boy James. Oh, he was so cute and so yummy. I could have just eaten him up and given him kisses all day. While he was super cute and super sweet and yummy smelling, I'm very happy that I'm not back in that brand-new / 1st time Mother phase again. Kelly is doing amazing and has adapted to Motherhood WAY better than I did. She's such a natural and it is so obvious how much she loves Baby James and how great of a Mother she is. I enjoyed catching up with her as we have played phone tag for a while to get together.

Baby James - look at that precious nose. I love it!
Me and Baby James

The rest of Friday included a quick trip to the mall for me and then chores around the house. We did a quick trip to the pool to get some energy out of the little ones before bed. Bedtime went quite well but something got into the boys Saturday morning. They were up EARLY! Oh man, it was really early. Eli up before 6am and Cole not far behind. We can usually count on Cole to give us until 6:15 or 6:30 but not that day. After breakfast, we loaded the boys into the bike trailers and headed around our house for an hour ride. Then I took the boys to the Y for a Pilates class (for me not them!). After lunch, Grandma & Grandpa N arrived for an overnight visit. We love when Grandparents come visit. At nap time I ended up napping with Eli (he's so snuggly, I couldn't resist) while Tim & his Dad did some man stuff - repaired a weed eater. Saturday night we had a great family dinner. Everyone together at the dining room table.

Cole - pre ride. I pulled him.
Eli - pre ride. Tim pulled him.
Cole - post ride. Sweet thing took his morning nap on the ride.
Grandma N reading to Eli. Eli LOVES books of all kinds.
Grandpa N got a good laugh out of Cole's dancing.
He pushes the button on Thomas train to make the music start.
And then he puts it to his ear and starts bobbing around, dancing. It's so darn cute!

This morning, we thought we were in heaven as it seemed that the boys had slept until about 6:45am. When I went upstairs to get Cole, I found out that Eli was already up and had gotten into bed with Grandma & Grandpa. It was so cute - all three of them in the bed under the covers just chatting. After breakfast, I went to pre-ride the triathlon course I'll be racing on in two weeks with my friend Kathryn. Tim and his parents hung out and played with the boys while I was gone. Apparently, Ryan and his mom stopped by while I was gone and the boys played in the backyard, finding lots of fun mud. After I got back, we had lunch and Eli & Cole took naps. During that time, I baked round 2 of my experimental cupcakes - trying to figure out what recipe I want to use for Eli's birthday party, having a taste-off tomorrow to see which recipe wins. Then this afternoon, Noah and his Mom came over for a play date. It was fun for the boys but especially fun for me as Robin & I got a lot of time to catch up. It is always fun to see them. The boys were pretty tired tonight and, after baths, went to bed without too much fuss. Now it's time to get ready for another crazy busy work week.

Grandma & her boys. Eli was not too thrilled to take a picture - can you tell?!
More racing around the house. I tried to do some video but had an operator error - oops!

And then Cole's gear blew out - he lost a wheel! It was the funniest thing. Tim put it back on but we have another one on order because it's just not right now.
Cole has been on the move. Today he climbed to the top of the stairs - by himself!
Eli pushing Noah around in the back yard.
And Noah trying to return the favor. Eli is quite the brut so he's hard to push.
Look at these cute boys reading. They're so sweet!
And Cole's other big news - HE'S TAKING STEPS BY HIMSELF!! He is getting braver every day and I think we're close to having a full-fledged walker on our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment