Monday, August 30, 2010

Catching a quick breath

Whew....the past week has been super busy. I thought that once I made it through Eli's birthday party that I would get to take a break. Well, I was wrong on that one.

My parents spent the rest of Eli's birthday weekend with us. It was great having them here and Tim & I actually stole away for a few hours to go on a mountain bike ride Sunday morning. That was really nice and we need to work on doing it more often. (I say that a lot!) Our week started with Cole continuing to have poop issues and staying home from school on Monday. Tim stayed with him while I tried to get as much done at work as possible. Cole seemed to be doing better so we sent him to school Tuesday, only for me to get a call from school just as I was leaving to pick him up. So Cole & I hung out together on Wednesday, including a visit to the jobsite so I could sign some things. He really enjoyed walking around the trailer and seeing everyone. Tim came home early Wednesday so I could head to Greenville, SC for a work meeting. I drove down Wednesday and the meeting was Thursday morning. Tim did great with the boys alone Wed night, it sounded like he did better than when we're both home! I drove back from Greenville Thursday and went straight to school to pick up the boys. Even though it was only one night, I really missed my three boys. Eli & Cole both seemed happy to see me as well. (It made me so sad to hear that Eli asked Tim if I was coming back Wed night. He was worried about me.) Friday was a teacher work day at school so I had the boys for the day. We went to the Y and then the park to play with some friends before packing up the truck and heading down to my parents' farm. My first solo trip with the boys - I'll post stories and pictures in another post (hopefully tomorrow). Let's just say, it was exhausting - mentally and physically.

Sunday we had a family day and stayed close to home - Eli got a hair cut and the entire family went to the grocery store. I will say that bedtime was a magical time for us. The weekend was exhausting and the boys were "off" - full of defiance (Eli), not listening at all (Eli) and just unhappy and not able to be pacified (Cole). We were happy to have survived and have a little quiet in the house. I look back on the weekend and feel guilty for letting some things get to me and not having patience - I'm sure I lost my "Mother of the Year" award again. Fortunately, I can learn from the things that got to me and figure out how to handle them better the next time. That's the good news about being a parent and a human being....you get a chance to be better and do better every day.

Now pictures!!

Cole had fun looking for mail with Grandpa. If he's anything like me, he will LOVE getting mail.
Eli had fun showing Grandma & Grandpa his bike.
Working on his slap wheelies - he's a BMX-er in the making!
Grandma & Grandpa C love their grandboys
Cole super cute in his raincoat last week before school.
Eli has had so much fun playing with Buzz Lightyear. I love this picture because you can see his expression and that he is making sounds to fly Buzz.
Cole at the jobsite, checking out the construction.
He was so funny trying to pick up all the water bottles - finally finding an empty one to carry.
Sitting in Mommy's chair at work - "Mom, I can totally do this."
Eli found a worm at home Sunday. He had fun showing me & Cole. He ended up "breaking" the worm and asked me to tape it together. Poor worm.
Lawn mower races on the back porch. They'll get plenty of chances to practice with a real lawnmower when they get old enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment