Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekends exhaust me

That is no lie - weekends always seem to exhaust me. And this weekend was no different.

Some parts of the weekend are a blur, so much so that neither Tim nor I can remember what we did on Friday night (how sad!). Saturday started with me going to the Y for a very early workout and then we spent some family time running errands. We went to the Grand Opening of the Performance Bike store - very cool store and I scored some good deals on cycling clothing. Eli had a blast cruising the store on a balance bike. He was all over the place - in a good way. I'm not sure how we managed to get out of there without one! Then we went to the mall to Build a Bear for our friend Faye who just turned a year old. Eli did a great job helping build "Molly" and then carried the box through the mall. He's such a big boy. We had to force naps on the boys Saturday afternoon knowing that Faye's birthday party was later that afternoon. Couldn't take cranky boys to a party!! My friend Kara did an amazing job with her ladybug theme and the party was a great success. Eli had lots of toddler boy friends to play with and we pretty much kept them outside the entire time. Water play, play dough, spraying a sheet with paint and just running around being boys - it was a fun time.

Saturday night after he got Cole to bed, Tim headed down to his parents for the night. He went to pick up a console stereo that belonged to his Great Aunt - more on that to come, I'm looking forward to listening to some records on it. So it was weird being alone in the house with the boys for the entire night. I don't believe that has ever happened. Fortunately for me, the boys slept all night even though they were up early Sunday morning.

Sunday morning we had breakfast and then I packed the boys up for a bike ride. Yes, I pulled them both around in a double bike trailer. I figured out that I was pulling 90 pounds!! I took them down to the lake and around twice - not quite 7 miles. There were a few hills in there so I was proud of myself. Cole was a little fussy at first (Eli takes up quite a bit of room) but settled down once we were riding and ended up taking a quick cat nap on the 2nd lap around the lake. After the bike ride, we headed to Noah's for a play date. Eli & Noah have a lot of fun playing together - it's so fun to watch them just be boys. Robin & I end up refereeing every once in a while but for the most part, they're really good together. Cole wanted to be in on the action but isn't quite there yet. As soon as he's walking, those boys better watch out. Cole's going to be right there with them. Once we got home, we had a quick lunch and it was time for naps. I was really excited about naps because I wanted / needed one too. I got Cole to sleep and then Eli. Then Cole woke up so I had to get him to sleep a second time. Tim got home around 2:30pm so I then declared a nap for myself and took about 30 minutes. Once the boys were back up and fed, we made an attempt to go to the pool. I say "attempt" because as soon as we got in the water it started raining and the thunder rolled in. We then packed it up and came home - only about 3 minutes in the pool. The boys handled it great and didn't give much of a fuss. The night then got more interesting as our power started doing funny things. The night ended with no ac and the power company installing a new transformer outside our house at midnight. We were very happy to get our air conditioning back!

Friday morning - I think Cole is bigger than Eli was. This is what Eli wore for his 1 year pictures and I think it's tighter on Cole than it was on Eli.
Giving Molly her heart - Eli even gave it a kiss!
Eli got into one of the Build-a-Bear cars. I couldn't resist a quick picture.
Birthday Girl Faye
The cool toddler boys' table
Sprinkler action - the boys loved it
I love the faces of pure joy in these pictures
I tried to get a shot of the toddler boys - not much luck
Eli & Owen - birthday girl's brother
Cute boys painting
Ladybug cupcake tower
Sunday morning bike ride, still in their pjs
More cute boys! Eli & Noah
Toddler wrestle-mania
Snack time - interrupted by little brother
A beautiful sight at midnight - our new transformer being installed

1 comment:

  1. looks like a UFO landed in your yard!
    the boys are growing like weeds!
    aside: we kept the dog! her name is Yma ("ee-ma").

    ReplyDelete