Friday, June 18, 2010

How we spent our 5 year anniversary.....

Today was such a fun day! Tim & I took the day off work to spend together to celebrate our anniversary and the main objective was to go biking. So after we dropped the boys off at school, we loaded up the bikes and headed to Umstead. We rode over to Lake Crabtree, rode the trails there and rode back. It was the most single track biking I've done in well over 3-1/2 years. I did better that I thought I would but my mind remembers a time when it was so much easier! After biking, we stopped for a hamburger and a chocolate milkshake - YUM! That was my treat for all the exercise today and this week - the last milkshake I had was when Cole was born, almost a year ago!

Then we hung around the house working in the garden and doing a few chores. We picked the boys up from school early and headed to the pool to meet Kara, Brian, Owen & Faye for Friday night fun night at the pool. We ordered pizza and let the kids play and run around. We had a great time hanging out with friends. The boys loved running around together and splashing around. The night ended with very tired children and very happy parents!

a rare sight - BOTH our bikes on the truck ready for a ride
these jumps were SO much fun - Tim taking a turn
my turn - I went through them 3 times
happy couple - Tim looks like he's smiling!!
Cole was happy to be at the pool - he loves the water
flying water boy
Eil & Owen - such great buds
Cole & Faye - their 1st Friday night date

No comments:

Post a Comment