Monday, August 10, 2009

Worn out from the weekend

Whew - it was a busy weekend around here. Hard to remember everything we did. Friday night seems like ages ago - I think we just hung around the house. Oh yeah, Eli got a hair cut. That took longer than expected so we hung out after that.

Saturday: After we dropped Tim's truck off for new brakes, Eli & I went to Ryan's house and walked to the lake to feed the ducks. We saw the biggest turtle I've ever seen in my life. It was scary! The boys had fun feeding the ducks and running around. After snack time, Tim took Eli to try to get new shoes but they were so crowded that it was a bust. Lunch and then nap time. During nap, Tim managed to mow the grass while I hung out with Cole. Saturday late afternoon, we met Kara, Brian, Owen & Faye at the pool. Owen & Eli had so much fun playing together. It was fun for me to watch. Cole & I lounged on our chair in the shade and watched the crazy boys (and their crazy daddies!). Eli went to bed without a fight and slept all night - woo hoo!!

Sunday: Early morning, Tim & Eli went on a bike ride while Cole & I went on a walk. Nice to get everyone out of the house for a little while. After snack, we loaded up for a family trip to REI - always fun. Back home for nap, Eli took a decent nap. Sunday afternoon was Ryan's 2nd birthday party at Monkey Joe's. It was insane!! Not only were the birthday kids running around, there were a ton of other kids too. We took Eli & Ryan there at Easter and they weren't quite ready to tackle it all on their own but this time was a totally different story. The first time Eli took off up the "ladder" to the top of the structure and then slid down the slide by himself, I thought to myself that I really do have a little boy now - no longer my baby. I could not believe how big he looked and was acting there. After running around and getting hot and sweaty, we gathered in the cooled down birthday room to enjoy cake and goodies. Ryan seemed to have a really good time. Eli was so tired when it was over that he dozed on the way home (at 6pm) and again, went to bed without a fuss and slept all night!!

We seemed to stay on the go this weekend and had a lot of fun. Tim & I were both pooped out last night; I even fell asleep on the couch snuggled up with Cole. 

Eli trying to walk in Mommy's shoes
Love running with the big dump truck
Eli decided to try laying on his back
Cole chillin' pool side
Eli got into a splash fest with Owen and his Daddy, Brian
Look at these cute boys - Owen and Eli
Eli & Birthday Boy Ryan on the Monkey throne
Playing in multi-sport land
Look at that big boy climbing up!
And then sliding down!
Can you tell he's having fun? He was soooo cute
My sweet big boy

No comments:

Post a Comment