Saturday, February 14, 2009

Thank Heaven for ........ Grandma

Do you remember when you were growing up and your Grandparents were the most wonderful people in the world? I sure do and I still love my Grandparents dearly to this day. But now I'm also learning the value of your parents being Grandparents. Of course, everyone knows we had a rough week this week with Eli being sick again and being out of school all week. My Mom came up last night to spend the night with us and give us a little break today. It was such a wonderful treat!! I think I needed her more this weekend than ever. She & Eli had so much fun playing and hanging out while Tim & I did stuff for the house. It was a productive day - we hung the last two roman shades for the living room, went to Sherwin Williams and got some paint samples for several rooms, signed our contract for new carpet and made a quick pit stop in Target. All of this alone!!! It was so nice to get out and take care of some errands and things knowing that Grandma was loving her time with Eli and that Eli was getting lots of love and attention. There are never enough ways to say thank you to your parents for all they did for you growing up but also for what they do as Grandparents. Some pictures from the day:

Art time with Grandma - making a Valentine

Swinging outside

Climbing on the jungle cube

Grandma teaching Eli how to play tee-ball

No comments:

Post a Comment