Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Marley and Me

Today Tim & I snuck away to watch 'Marley and Me' while Eli was at school. About half-way through the movie, I asked Tim if he felt like we were watching our life on the big screen. The movie was really good and, I must admit, made me cry. I got misty for Jennifer Aniston's character when she talked about how hard it is being a Mom and that yes, people do tell you how hard it is but you just don't believe them. I now believe them but I also believe that it's an amazing responsibility and honor - the sweet snuggles, smiles and kisses make the rough times melt from your memory. I also cried for Marley - mainly because I know it won't be too terribly long before we have to say goodbye to Belle. I was a dog-mom before I was Eli's mom and even though Belle's role in our lives has changed, it will be very sad when we have to say goodbye. If you're a dog lover at all, you have to go see this movie. It was such a treat for us to sneak in a mini-date today!

No comments:

Post a Comment