Sunday, September 14, 2014

Week Thirty-Seven: 9/8-9/14

Week 37: Busy week!! Wednesday was my last day of work at DPS and I started my new job on Thursday. I left Wednesday night at 5:30pm, ending one chapter and was on the road by 5:30am starting the next. Phew.....a break would have been nice but wasn't possible!! 

Thursday I had my orientation and all the HR stuff for my new job. I also had to bring some RFQ responses back to turn in tomorrow. I ended up with a very long day and getting home late. Thankfully on Friday I was able to go with our Business Developer to deliver the RFQ responses and head home after lunch. Maybe that counts as my break - an hour or two. =) 

New work hardhat....back on the Contractor side of the business. So happy!!

Friday night was the LES Family Back to School Night. The boys loved running around with their friends and playing on the inflatables. We're finally to the point of letting them run around and keeping a distant eye on them. Since it's Cole's school now too, he's familiar with the setup and what he can/can't do. It was great! Two happy tired boys.....two happy parents! 





Eli & Jaidee - they were in K and 1st together, but not 2nd =(



Cole and Christina - she was at Primrose with him and now she's in his Kindergarten class!

Saturday morning, the boys woke up ready to watch tv. Since they can only watch on weekends, they look forward to it. Funny this morning, they didn't ask for cartoons. Nope....they asked to watch 'American Ninja Warrior'. LOVE IT!! My little ninjas. They can watch these same episodes over and over and just love it. They also try to guess how far the contestant will make it - like it will change from the last time they watched it! 

Saturday we also got to celebrate our friend Tian Tian's birthday. He was in Eli's 1st grade class and is such a sweet boy. He apparently takes karate so he had a karate party and we got to see such a great show. Tian Tian performed and then their performance group did moves and stunts for the kids. Afterward, all the kids go to do some things as well. 



Eli and Birthday Boy Tian Tian


This was amazing, he jumped up and kicked /broke boards with BOTH feet!
Three in a row!
Getting all the kids warmed up to do some moves. 
Eli broke a board, Cole didn't want to try it. 
That's how you cut a cake!!

Cole was bummed that he missed out breaking a board so the nice instructor let him do it while the other kids were eating cake.
After that, Cole was ALL IN!! He had a blast. 
They had things for the kids to kick and punch and also did something like a stunt / obstacle course for them to do. It was a lot of fun! 

Today after church, I had a little vacation.....at Target....by myself. =) Target, sadly enough, is one of my happy places. I think second to Harris Teeter, they get a lot of our money. I probably spend less money when the boys are with me because I'm trying to get out of there. But I do enjoy going alone so I can look at everything and just roam. While there, I treated myself to this cool "e" mug. Just couldn't resist! 
"e" is for "evia" - Mommy's new mug!
And we made cookies to complete the weekend. These two LOVE some cookie dough!! They always want to "help" me which, of course, consists of eating chocolate chips until I can get the dough done and then they grab some cookie dough. The fun of being a kid!!

No comments:

Post a Comment