Saturday, September 21, 2013

Surprise Birthday Celebration

After Safety Day, we hopped in the car to surprise a former co-worker and friend for his 30th birthday. I was so honored that his Mom contacted me and invited us to the surprise party. Joel used to work for / with me at my old company (we've both moved on) and he and his family have a special place in my heart. His wife Lauren is absolutely darling and their little girl Caroline is super adorable. Just one of the best couples and families you could ever meet. 

Unfortunately when Joel and Lauren arrived, we were inside with the boys (they had to potty). I was bummed that we missed the "Surprise!!" but it was even better when Eli went over to Joel and gave him his birthday sign. Eli walked up to him and said "Happy Birthday Joel" and handed him the sign. Joel was kinda taken aback and just said "Uh, hi Eli". He was pretty confused and then I came out from where I was standing behind someone. Not only was the party a surprise for Joel, our being there was also a big surprise. I'm so glad we made the trip! Joel's parents were quite the host and hostess and put up with our crazies after being cooped up in the car for a few hours. 

Happy Birthday Joel!!
Eli with sweet Caroline
THIS was hilarious. Eli was talking about how many push ups he could do so Lauren challenged him to a push up contest...and she was in a dress!! Told you she was awesome! 
Two very yummy cakes. Joel's mom is in the picture with the black sleeveless shirt. 
The birthday boy and fan club. It's amazing to me that Joel held a 6 week old Eli at our jobsite and now here he is with 6 YEAR old Eli. Time sure flies!
Such a great guy. 
Love Lauren!
Wonderful couple - I hope they enjoy many more birthdays together

No comments:

Post a Comment