Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas with Great Grandparents

This weekend, we made a quick trip (just a day trip) to see my Grandparents, the boys' Great Grandparents for Christmas. We loaded up and were on the road by 6am. We met Grandma, Grandpa and Great Grandma C at IHOP for breakfast and then we went back to her house for a while. The boys got to open a present (of course they were happy with that!) and then run around outside with Grandma.

Then it was to the farm for some play time and naps before heading to Great Grandma & Great Grandpa S. The boys did really great for dinner and hanging out. Of course, they got a few more little presents (monster trucks and noise making cars) so they had fun playing with them. The boys were so pooped from the day that we had a nice quiet drive home. A quick busy day but awesome to see everyone.

Chasing after Grandma
Cole's little legs just can't quite keep up.
One of my favorite pictures ever of Grandma C and the boys.
Great Grandma C
my Grandma C
Checking on the donkeys and goats
Hello Donkeys!
Hanging out with Grandpa.
Monster trucks at Great Grandma & Great Grandpa S's house
You know what makes them happy.
I made my Grandpa a snuggly blanket for Christmas.
I think he really liked it!! I told him that it would be like I was always giving him a hug. Love my Grandpa.
I made my Grandma one too.
She really liked it. Lots of pink (her favorite color) and green (my favorite color).
Me and my Grandma.
The boys playing with their trucks in the hallway. I remember playing in this hall A LOT while I was growing up.
The boys and Great Grandpa.
Me & my Grandparents.
This picture is so sweet to me. After over 60 years of marriage, my Grandpa still rubs Grandma's back, touches her hand....the sweet "I love you" touches. It is a joy every time I can witness his acts of love to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment